Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whatcha Reading Tuesday!!!

It's that time again. Say it loud and extra proud...Whatcha Reading Tuesday!! Come and share what you're reading with us. Anything at all from books to warrants to comics to blogs!! Just share what you got your eyeballs glued to this week. Oh and take a moment to answer our question: Do you think classics hold up over time or are they now what academics use to make themselves feel smarter? Uh oh. Feeling like I already ruffled some feathers =P

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready to start the third Hunger Games book, Mockingjay. Can't wait. They are impossible to put down.

    The classics will always be my favorites. Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Three Musketeers, and others, they all have a rich flavor that is missing from modern stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the classics do hold up over time. I like to re-read Jules Verne, Doyle, Twain, etc. all the time. And the nice thing is, those are ones I can force my kids to read and not have other adults think I'm "weird" (not that that's going to stop me...)

    As for what I'm reading, I've been reading a bunch of the Star Trekk: SCE books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m still struggling through Heart of the Dragon and Darkest Night, both by Gina Showalter. They aren`t hard to get through, her books are fantastic, I`m just slow and life keeps getting in the way. lol.

    I still love classics like Lord of the Rings and To Kill a Mockingbird. There is a richness of detail and a depth of character that`s not present in today`s stories. At the same time, newer books have their advantage, presenting a much faster pace and a more consistant intensity for it. So I guess I see the advantages and disadvantages of both, and appreciate both for their own reasons.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...